This morning I was inspired by the public art work of a former roommate, Marcus Young. Recently, Marcus has been working with the City of St. Paul to
merge the mundane with the transcendent, the banal with the poetic. I love the craftmanship of the simple letters stamped in concrete, work that is carried out by city employees as they go about the everyday business of repairing broken sidewalks. For more poetry and images, click here.
- Alumni Avenue Traffic Calming
- Walking to the store at the start of rainy season
- Rules for bike commuting
- Beth Ellenwood Newhan’s “accepted mode of transportation….”
- Biking in Northeast LA ca. 1906
- Above all…
- some simple things that make me happy
- The Roadside Gardening Club
- the value of design in the public realm
- Not that we would be condoning this….
- Loving where you live
- the south side of Mt. Fiji, April 11 2001 6:30pm
- A Long Road
- Automotive arrogance OR New Civility?
- Blessed by the recession